Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lucsian : 624 Grams

9/1/09 : 605 Grams

Activity :
10:16 AM 618 Grams
8:36 PM 605 Grams
8:49 PM 624 Grams Fed 17 grams



Today I went Dove Hunting after work with a buddie of mine so I didnt get to do an outdoor session with Luscian flying to the fist. I am off tomorrow so today we did jumpups for just enough food to tide her over till then.

Jump ups went well. Complete virticle jump ups for 17grams of food and every single one was instant. He actually was doing them so fast that a couple of them I did not have food at the glove yet. He also seemed to want to be on the glove today as he bated towards me. When I went to him with the gloved fist he instantly hopped to the fist. Today was also the first day that he would hop onto the scale. Pretty awesome I thought. Tomorrow my plans are to fly to the fist between 25 and 50 feet followed with our first introduction to the lure garnished with some casting material. Im thinking a DOC will work for that just fine.

This bird is by far the easiest and funnest bird I have trained. Watching him as he clicks inside his own head really has me thinking this will be a fun bird to get out with and hunt. I have ordered last saturday a new Scout Transmitter and wait for that to get here before we fly free. Part of me wants to fly as soon as possible and get some kills under the belt but at the same time I want to make sure that I have all the socialization done needed to assure I never loose this bird. Time and responce will tell me for sure. I have also ordered for my birthday the new Harry McElroy book in hopes that it will give me more insite into what I am getting myself into. Its going to be a Fun Ride for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment