Friday, September 25, 2009

Lucsian : 587 Grams


9/25/09 : 587 Grams

Activity :
10:42 PM 593 Grams
4:39 PM 587 Grams
8:10 PM 687 Grams





Todays First Jack!
Rick and J came with again today for the hunt and I couldnt have been happier. They really come out with the intent to help and we get the bunnies moving. The weather was pretty warm today and even though we got out before 5 it was pretty easy to get hot. We went to the same place as yesterday as we did not go but a good 30 yards into the field for yesterdays rabbit. Luscian got up and flew after a full sized jack shortly checking off. We only saw one cotton tail but it was far out and Luscian didnt see it.
*
Todays catch was pretty interesting. First of all I was half way up a hill hitting some brush while Rick and J where at the bottom hitting bush there. We where looking for cottontail. All the sudden this rabbit jumped out about 3 feet away from me and started running up hill shortly changing its mind to go down hill when it saw I was there. That was the time needed for Luscian to launch off and latch onto this jacks BUTT! As they tumbled down the hill with the jack kicking and screaming I had a couple seconds in my head that ran like a car accident. I was thinking "What the Heck is going on here? How come this rabbit is kicking and screaming like a baby?" shortly followed by "oh SH** I got to move and get in to help!" I only had to jump down a few feet before I grabbed the Jack by the legs. We had another 15 feet to go down to the bottom of the hill to get to some flat ground. Once we where there I held onto the jacks legs and compressed the heart to dispatch. I let Luscian pluck the face a bit before I traded off to a front quarter of the rabbit from yesterdays kill.
*
Now this Jack is no monster but it is deffinatly bigger than our Cottontails. Holy smokes, How fun was that.


No comments:

Post a Comment