Saturday, September 5, 2009

Lucsian : 612 Grams

9/5/09 : 612 Grams

Activity :
8:12 AM 612 Grams
11:20 AM 632 Grams fed 20 grams




I think we may be ready to fly free. Tomorrow I have another Harris Hawker coming to town and we may just fly the 3 boys together if we dont just fly Luscian by himself. Im kind of the idea to fly by our self for the first couple flights then break in with friends.
Todays session was out at the baseball field. I had the perch in the middle with 50 feet of creance connected to the ring. Put Luscian on the perch and walked 20 feet before he was on his way to me and I threw out a piece of meat for him to go get. While he was on the ground I walked the other way and put 60 feet between us. Instantly he came for the fist even with nothing on it. As he hit the glove I threw out another piece of meat followed by me walking the other direction again. We did this easily 20 times today and he was interested each and every time. The wind was coming in one direction and half the time he would fly into it and the other with it. When he was flying with it the first time he overshot and landed at my Neck. OUCH .. ok.. No more glove in front of the face. Changed that Idea and now he is landing much better after a few tries. This harris will be fun to watch learn how to fly. He is so eager to do it now and im glad I have changed up the training for the past week and kept him from getting bored.
Tomorrow the new telemetry will be here and Im interested in seeing how things. go. Luscian should be around the 600 mark tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment