Friday, September 4, 2009

Lucsian : 642 Grams


9/4/09 : 626 Grams

Activity :
8:14 AM 626 Grams
11:09 AM 642 Grams fed 16 grams






Todays Session was pretty fun. Luscian weathered on the glove for 10 minutes or so before I put out the perch and prepped for the lesson.


Todays lesson was when he went to the perch the first time, I tossed out a piece of food. He then came to the fist for a small piece of food at which I would Toss food out once again. Sometimes food would be tossed 5 feet and another would be tossed 10. Luscian went for it instantly and came back to the fist completly ignoring the perch. Other than the first flight to the fist from the ground there where no tidbits at the fist. Luscian had to go get the food and come back to me. He did really well. When we where done, we sat in the sun and relaxed for a good 30 minutes before coming back home. Not as much as one bate today out durring training. The next couple of days Ill keep doing this.


Weight Management with this bird may take a little bit of some talking to another harris hawker. Seems I have a 30gram window that ill get good responce but My thoughts ask me what the real first free flight weight will be and what exactly I need to see with a harris to get the idea that it is ok to go out free and maybe get a chance to chase for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment