Friday, September 11, 2009

Lucsian : 607 Grams

9/11/09 : 615 Grams

Activity :
12:56 PM 615 Grams
3:02 PM 607 Grams
7:02 PM 625 Grams.



Today Luscian was a little heavy from yesterdays feeding off his first kill, that and it was a little windy but we flew anyhow. Not within 10 minutes did he catch a sparrow. He took it to a bush and ate it right away followed by a return to the fist. I had another falconer from out of town with me today. Bill Favreau is pretty cool and all he wanted to do was flush bunnies for me. Well we saw lots of doves and a covey of quail but only 4 rabbits and one of them was a Jack. Honestly that jack flight was super cool. The jack was young and Luscian caught up fast and overshot the rabbit when it stoped to turn. Luscian then got right back up and got juked again!. It was kind of funny to see how he responded. Almost sulking. He also chased a cotton tail that was a good 30 yards in front of us. We had no idea that it was there so I am proud of this little bird for taking the initiative to take it on his own. 2 more flushes of rabbits did not produce any chase. Im thinking the tidbitting along with the sparrow he ate may have taken the greed away. Bill says I can for sure stand to take a little more off the keel of this bird. He says that he likes the responce I am getting from my hawk. Both to the fist and the lure. He also loved how fast he was off the fist and asked me what kind of conditioning I did durring training. Oh luscian also caught a moth. He kept knocking it to the ground. He could not foot it but chased it till he could get it with his beak. That was comical and produced a great conversation about how young hawks manage to survive thier first year. LOTS OF BUGS! We also got our new Marshall Scout Transmitter in today. I like it so far. Great signal.

No comments:

Post a Comment