Friday, September 18, 2009

Lucsian : 590 Grams


9/18/09 : 590 Grams

Activity :
7:43 AM 590 Grams
11:29 AM 693 Grams.



Today Luscian and I went out about 9 am. We went out to Pueblo West on a property I haevnt been to yet this year. We chased a few cotton tail and one of them almost met its maker. It was a real young rabbit and kept going from bush to bush. The final note for that little one was on the 4th flush and it hit a bush with luscian hitting it right behind it. The little guy came out of the bush and into a hole within 20 feet and luscian didn't even see it happen. Sometimes he hits the bush and seems to think he has the rabbit in his feet only to find out he doesn't. I'm hoping this is not killing his confidence. Ill be getting a baggie soon to help with that.

*

After a while I decided that we needed to leave so I can get ready for work so we hit the last rat nest coming to the truck. Out came a decent sized rat and Luscian was in tow. It ran to the next bush and Luscian was all about moving around like crazy to catch up. I got there and started footing at the bush. I got my new snake Gators yesterday so I feel a little more safe to kick bushes. The rat took off from me and ran right into my hawk. SQUEEK!

*

Luscian wanted to carry today So I had to make it a point right away to get the pole on the rat so that he couldn't. Soon he settled and I removed the pole while he ate in peace with my occasionally touching him and walking around him taking pictures. I felt this time he needed a good crop for his work so we ate almost all the rat. Left the back end for Reign as we traded off beautifully.
*
Now we sit on the perch nice and tall with a silent demeanor.

No comments:

Post a Comment