Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lucsian : 591 Grams

9/8/09 : 591 Grams

Activity :
4:35 AM 591 Grams
5:36 AM 601 Grams fed 10 grams on lure
5:10 PM. 595 Grams
8:42 PM fed to 620 grams




Yes, Thats right. I woke up at 4am to go to work but I didnt have to be there till 6 so Luscian and I did a lure session in the living room. Todays responce was completly instant, the best I have seen so far with the lure. Fed him up on that 10 grams of 4 day old baby quail and I was off to work.
The afternoon came and when I got home Luscian was pretty vocal. Nothing like my Goshawk but chirping more at me than normal. He was also more interested in getting to me. Bates where more than normal as he did that. Weathered for an hour or so outside before hooding up and in the truck we went. I actually had plans on flying free for the first time today but as I got out to my hunting ground the storm that looked far away before was right on my heels. Well, we ended up sitting in the truck for an hour as it rained and blew at 30+ MPH gusts. Sometime durring the rain I fell asleep in the truck and woke up about and hour before sunset. I spent the next thirty Minutes walking a portion of the field. Walking about 500 yards I got up 6 rabbits, bugged a rat out of his nest and busted a covey of Scaled Quail. When I got back to the truck I got Luscian out of the Hood, Creanced him up as it was still too windy and getting dark and we where off to a bare part of the field for more jump ups into the wind.
This was Luscians first time to a hunting field and to be honest, he didnt seem to pay any mind to the difference. As we where walking to the spot He was looking around intent like id like to see in an experienced Hunter. 10 grams of tidbits where used in jump ups right into the wind followed by a 10 gram 4 day old quail on the lure which was a great show of interest and exactly what I want to see. We did the trade off from the lure with the remaining 3 grams of food for the day. More than Id like to feed him for the day but I wanted to make sure the lure was good.
I think I may want to drop him another 5-10 grams and I think we may be on fire. Field respect will tell me more as we get to hunting. Ill be following Direction from Harry McElroy and waiting till Friday to continue my lessions and refining weight and responce. Talking on the phone with him this evening was great and from my descriptions to him he says that Luscian is showing everything he would be looking for in a passage before flying free. Thank You Harry for your Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment