Thursday, September 3, 2009

Lucsian : 599 Grams

9/3/09 : 599 Grams

Activity :
10:43 AM 599 Grams
11:32 AM 660 Grams fed 61 grams




Session today was nice. After weathering on the fist out in the yard for half an hour or so we went to the city park. The baseball field was being used so I drove till I found a clearing in the trees but with nice grass. Perch out and beeped up we unhooded ready to get started. I had Luscian sit on the fist till he was ready, From Rousing, and put him to the perch. Instant responce and the story gets kind of interesting. Seems every time I come to the park lately Im seeing Coopers hawks. Well this particular bird I believe ive seen for 2 days in a row. Right after my third tidbit, Luscian takes off back to the perch and instantly hits the perch , pushes off right back my direction. Inside my head Im thinking, WOW man give me a chance to put some food on the glove. Turns out he hit the fist just as we got buzzed by this Large Hen Passage Coopers. She came close enough that if I took a step foreward I could have grabbed her. From there Luscian wanted to stay on the fist and wouldnt go back to the perch. We waited a few minutes as I watched this coopers and soon 3 crows that came in too. Soon enough Luscian took back to the perch. Then the coopers took off after one of the crows, not binding but buzzing the black murder member. 2 of the crows took off and one stayed. The coops came back and perched in a tree above us as we finished our session. Luscian came for a good 20 small tidbits.
The Lure was introduced today as well. I had a day old chick tied to it. Luscian didnt seem to recognize what this was and payed no attention to the Lure. Once I put a tidbit on the chick he hopped down and claimed both prizes. He really seemed to enjoy the DOC as he tore it to shreds and ate it very quickly. Im hoping to have a couple more lure sessions with a good responce before we fly free. Honestly I cant imagine that taking much longer. Not till the new transmitter comes in, thats for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment