Friday, August 21, 2009

Lucsian : 657 Grams

8/21/09 : 657 Grams

Activity :
3:07 PM 657 Grams

Luscians plane landed today at 1215 pm and it took till 115 pm till I got him in my care. I drove home to Pueblo from Colorado Springs and had him on the perch by 3pm.

Wow, what a bird with his long legs! He didn't like the idea of standing on the fist and with the long day he has had I decided to put him on the perch so we could spend some time just looking at each other. He didn't want to be on the perch either but that didn't stop him from preening 5 minutes out of the hood. I was expecting a bird that was afraid of the new surroundings but not quite like a fresh trap. Well honestly on the fist he acted that way but now that he is on the bow he seems more at ease.

I'll post more as the day goes on but for now I'm going to get the guy a little something to eat and spend some time with my new little hawk.


745pm
Well, I really had a rough time with Luscian this afternoon working on manning him. I attempted to man him on the fist a few times and had little to no luck with him working with me. I tried to get him to stand on the perch, with no avail he stood at the end of his leash. I also managed to get footed on my thumb, which took a little time to let go. OUCH, That was a bummer. Tomorrow is another day, Maybe some perch time to get used to me is in order.





No comments:

Post a Comment