Saturday, August 29, 2009

Lucsian : 622 Grams

8/29/09 : 622 Grams

Activity :
2:43 PM 626 Grams
6:48 PM 622 Grams

Fed 10 grams up to 632 grams

The day started off pretty good. First thing out of the giant hood was some touch therapy making sure to get all the spots where I would come in contact tith luscian durring the back pack instalation. Everything went smoothly as I took my time to make sure it was a perfect fit. All in all it took 45 minutes. He preened quite a bit afterwards with the occasional tug at the ribbon. By he end of the day he didn't care at all and payed no attention to the forign object hugging his body.


We did make some ground today in the hopping to the fist subject. I waited till about seven and washed some quail. Put up all but 10 grams in the freezer and went to see if luscian would work today. He got his one freebee at the fist but once I put him back to the bow I wanted a hop or no food. It took him a good 10 seconds but the desire for food was too much and he hopped. From there I had about 7 more pieces and he hopped almost instantly for each piece. All hops where from 1-2 feet. Tomorrow I'll try the first piece or two from that same distance but after that we will double the distance as needs fit.

Really is nice to have him hopping now. All I have to do now is get a little more weight off him and we will be in buisness.





No comments:

Post a Comment