Thursday, August 27, 2009

Lucsian : 630 Grams







8/27/09 : 630 Grams

Activity :
6:16 PM 630 Grams

Fed 40 grams to 670 grams.


Back to work today so Luscian spent the better part of the day at the Bow inside listening to my iTunes library. Today I wanted to make it a point to change out his anklets so I made up the pair and started playing with his feet to get him up to speed on what I was going to do. He tends to be a little heavy footed with a hood on so I thought id try it without. Things went extreemly well. I got the first anklet off and replaced in moments and Luscian didnt bat an eye at the idea. No Sweat. The second Anklet he kept pulling his foot up not letting me work with him so I had an idea. Ive had this bird for a week and have not given him a casting. Today would be perfect. I pulled a 3 week old quail, Dispatched it and gave it to Luscian. While he was plucking and eating the top half of the bird, I got the new anklet on. Luscian didnt give me any grief for doing so. Id never would have gotten away with that with my Gos. All jessed up and bell replaced just the way I like it. These anklets keep the bells away from the feet. You dont have to worry a bit.
I also wanted to go over the weight that I got for today to start with. Yesterday I weighed him at 620 and fed him up to 625. I have been feeding him wet food and not presenting a bath pan. Yesterday after our session I presented the bathpan and Luscian drank a good 30grams worth of water. This is something that I would not have taken into account till today. Water will make a difference in the weight management. From now on ill continue to give water in the pan every day as to keep an average likelyhood known in my weight management.
Luscian ate pretty good today. He also got some casting material. From here out I am going to be not as easy going in our feeding sessions. If he does not jump to the fist he will not get fed. Im hoping that my experience with giving a good meal after days of small meals will kick start his appatite. Honestly Im not expecting a whole lot tomorrow but I will expect more by Saturday.













No comments:

Post a Comment