Saturday, November 7, 2009

603 Grams


Luscians Toe isn't that bad today and I can barely notice the swelling. After work I met up with Rick to go to the college and see if we could bag us a bunny. He also brought JayLyn with us. It is nice to have extra flushers for sure. The wind was picking up so I figured to stay close to the college and not go out into the prairies. We stayed around the wooded areas of the baseball fields and got some real beautiful flights. The cover is still very high and hard to get that final commitment when the rabbit just disappears. We also got buzzed a few times by a local resident redtail Hag but she left us as she didn't care for our screaming and throwing of ski poles into the air. I really thought it was close once but luscian took off and evaded the inevitable screaming and coming in to me.
*
I do find it interesting Lately and I have been paying very good attention. Luscian is quite vocal at home and in the truck to the fields. I have also began to learn how to differentiate whether his scream is for calling me or just for chatting. I can tell at least 3 different vocalizations now and really it is cool. This bird for sure is teaching me allot.
*
We closed off the day with a Cottontail making the wrong decision of running into a tennis court and not being able to get out easily. Luscian was on the fence and was anticipating that the rabbit would go one direction so he went there. Unfortunately the bunny couldn't because of the fence and Luscian acted very confused and didn't want to play in that area. Eventually the bunny made it out to the open and that's when Luscian came in for the final kill. After all was said and done I lost my iPhone and we spent the next 2 hours looking for it in the dark. Thank the lord we found it . Rick barely saw the light from it but it was in an area that I thought that it had to be. WHEW!

No comments:

Post a Comment