Friday, November 13, 2009

596 Grams

I only had a hour to hunt today. I took Luscian out and forgot to bring the magnet to turn on the transmitter but I wasn't to worried and flew anyhow. It was a little windy and that made for some interesting kiting. Today was the first day for him to do this. He would just sit 20 feet or so above me and watch what I was doing. While he was up in the air I managed to get 2 cotton tail running with an instant chase, unfortunately it was into the wind and it seemed too strong for him but one of the chases was just so close to make that an excuse. We also utilized the trees at one point. Most of the trees are almost bare now but the cover on the ground is still in full force. Soon enough here we will have a good frost to knock that all down not to mention the areas that I am hunting are getting knocked down a little just from me being there. This year the college seems to be a pretty good place to find bunnies despite all the development going on. Maybe its just that the cottontail are being concentrated into certain areas. One of my favorite areas has work being don't to it now putting down a sidewalk for a trail. That hurts my heart but we will have to adapt.

No comments:

Post a Comment