Friday, November 6, 2009

600 Grams


Today's hunt was very eventful. We ended up in a field that I deemed unhuntable anymore as I couldn't find any rabbits last year. This year they seem to be in real good numbers. The one advantage that they have and they used it was the holes. Luscian also gets juked almost on a regular basis by the rabbits when they jerk around a bush and hold tight for a second. It is as if he is saying, Well it got away. I'm thinking I may crank his weight down just a little to see if I can get a little more passion. at the end of they hunt it was almost completely dark and we ended up getting a good chase on a bunny but it made it to a rat nest before luscian could get there. I started to work the nest and a Huge rat runs out. I weighed this rat after we got home and it was 417grams. Unfortunately Luscian got bit again pretty good and I ran my bird home with a bloody foot thinking of the worse. Well after we got home and I cleaned the wound and put neosporin on It didn't look that bad, just bled good. The swelling isn't getting that bad so we will see for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment