Friday, October 2, 2009

Lucsian : 607 Grams

10/2/09 : 607 Grams

Activity :
8:24 AM 617 Grams
10:18 AM 607 grams

Luscain and I went out to the stomping fields for a mix of jack and cottontails. Things went well and we chased a good dozen cottontail but they where just too good for this little Harris this early in the season. Not to say that he didn't try, he just got skunked on cotton tail. As far as jacks go we did manage to have a fun show. We got up 4 jacks all of which Luscian chased. The last one though was pretty interesting how it worked out. Luscian came in pretty fast and as the rack was running straight my Hawk latched onto that jacks Butt! The jacked hunkered down but kept trying to run with this little Harris In-Tow. Luscian wanted to get up to the head though and reached up just grabbing the shoulders. That's when the Jack spun and lost Luscians grip but not His determination to get back up and try for round 2. Well now Luscian only went another 30 yards and decided that it really wasn't worth it but it was a good experience and I know that if I get a few more young Jacks up then we might just seal the deal with the bigger ones later. Its not that I want to hunt jacks like crazy with my little Hawk here but if he will be successful at it then I have no problem helping him with his cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment