Sunday, October 4, 2009

Lucsian : 586 Grams

10/4/09 : 586 Grams

Activity :
4:13 PM 586 Grams
8:08 PM 714 Grams




Personally I think I brought Luscian down a little too low today. He flew pretty much half power, though not kicking up any cotton tails didn't help that much. We did kick up a few covies of quail but without doing a baggie lately giving him something to catch a little easier he seems to not want to chase. The weight thing may be an issue there too. We did end up getting a rat out of a nest and catching it as the only catch of the day but there was a down side to that too. The rat had a pretty good hold of luscians first toe so I jumped in right away and smashed the rats head but the damage was already done. While I did that Luscian grabbed my middle finger and put the clamps down so we both got a jacked didgit now. I cleaned his toe when we got home but it is a little swollen. Fresh blood came out of it when I cleaned it and applied neosporin. I'm sure it will be OK as the bite was not that bad and he doesn't seem to care about it even when I was cleaning it. Pending on how it looks tomorrow he might just get a day off tomorrow. He did get a little extra cottontail today along with a day old chick so getting a good dinner hopefully will help too. These stinking rats can be as bad as a fox squirrel at times as far as their bite. Their fight though is like a cotton tail, usually giving up fast. Here is to tomorrow looking better and healing good to hit the fields for more game.

No comments:

Post a Comment