Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Luscian : 596 Grams

10/7/09 : 596 Grams

Activity :
5:36 PM 596 Grams
8:19 PM 650 grams







Sorry for the late post on the hunt. My computer is weirding out on me and I have to do this in safe mode till I can get it looked at.

*
Our first Day out Since the Bite went quite well. Luscian and I went out to our normal area. The other day I took another Falconer out to this area as he brought a magazine writer and wanted to see how this little Harris would do. Well we didn't get anything that day but then we also didn't go check out this new part of the field. I went there today with Luscian. We only had an hour of light to hunt and the walk was a good mile off. When we got there we instantly flushed up a Jack. Interestingly enough the rabbit took off with Luscian stuck in a cholla that he got stuck in after chasing a sparrow. Luscian watched the jack as it ran but it didn't have any urgency and seemed to be changing direction allot. Luscian took off after it and the darned think took to a bush. Luscian instantly pitched up as if to tell me to hurry and get there. We got the jack out but it hauled butt to the next county and Luscian just didn't want to chase it that far. Not 5 minutes later with Luscian on the fist, We where walking through some tall grass when 20 feet ahead of us we saw the grass start to sway and move. Sure enough it was a cotton tail and with luscian in tow. Luscian climbed up to about 20 feet as he followed the disturbed grass and just at the right moment he instantly swung and teardropped to the ground with an instant scream of a bunny! I made in pretty quickly and cleared the grass so we could have a pleasureable feast. I let him crop up good on this bunny, Gutting the rabbit as he ate.
*
The weather the past few days hasn't given us much to work with and tomorrow (10-10-09) isn't supposed to get over 40, so here is hopes that maybe at least it will be dry and we will give it a go again. For now it is wet and cold so I'm going out with another friend and our guns to see if we can get a couple ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment