Saturday, October 31, 2009

Luscian : 602 Grams


10/31/09 : 602 Grams

Activity :
9:35 AM 602 Grams

Luscian and I have not gotten to hunting in a few days due to snow, wind and allot of cold. After weighing him I decided that we would hunt today for sure. He was pretty wound up and that helped with the decision. I thought of the field that I used to take Maynard to and remembered of the honey hole that it was. The college has lost most of the best hunting areas but this one is still there. There are lots of trees and when I got there I noticed that there was allot of heavy cover too. We worked one part of it chasing lots of sparrows. I wasn't seeing any rabbits but I was seeing lots of sign. While luscian was in a tree I flushed a bunny and made the game call. Luscian came in closing the distance quite quickly missing my mere inches. I watched the bunny take off and slow to another area. After luscian came back to the fist we walked to the area. There was some thick willow in front of us and as we came to it luscian left the fist full tilt. He flew just past the willow banking a hard left and out of my sight as he tear dropped to the ground. Sweet sounds to my ears followed with the scream of a bunny! I had to really listen hard for the bell on luscian to find him at the catch site. When I found him I sat down to stretch the bunny. I won't get to hunt tomorrow so I felt a big reward was in order. Luscian ate so much that he acted like he was having trouble breathing. Then he sneezed and blew a bunch of liquid on my glasses. Funny but then not. The walk back to the truck was uneventful and the perch was real welcome for a good feaking. Here is to Luscian!






No comments:

Post a Comment