Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Luscian : 593 Grams

10/14/09 : 593 Grams

Activity :
4:47 PM 593 Grams

I waited a little too long to get out today. When I decided to get out the wind had picked up at 1pm. According to the weather at 1pm the wind started a down slope. At that point the temp was at 64 degrees and with the 20-30 mph winds by 2pm it was 82 Degrees! WOW! We still flew through it as I was not finding any rabbits. I figured the exercise would be well worth the day out. It was not all in vein though, we did chase a good 4 coveys of quail. A couple of the flights went down wind and Luscian had a decent chance but just couldn't connect. He follows well to the bush they went to but when they bust out he stays put on the second flush as though to think that one is still there. That may be the down fall of hunting rats as that is almost always the case so we will stop hunting rats for now. I have a few quail left alive so I may just bag him a couple times to get his confidence up to catch and eat.

*

Good Lord I hate the strong wind for its deterrent to bunnies.

No comments:

Post a Comment