Friday, September 3, 2010

636 Grams



Luscian 636 Grams

Todays weather is much better especially as far as the wind goes. I got up around 7 and was out of the house with Luscian by 745 am. We got out to the field and started walking around. I have used the T Perch more so far this year and it seems to really be a nice addition to the arsenol. Luscian takes off after a flush before I get a chance to see it and todays flights where really great. Luscian is starting to show me some of his moves from last year and he is getting great excersize out of it. We chased a few jacks but I think his weight is still a bit high as he didnt really give them the good job that he did with the cottontails. Cover is really thick and the rabbits have got themselves lots of holes to escape into this year.





The populations seem to look good though as we got to chase a good 6-7 cottontail and a good dozen jacks in the area we used last year. We did manage to hunt around an area that I havent played in too much and i find that it is ok but not as good as the other. Luscians kill today was a good flush from right at my feet. The rabbit took off for the left with Luscian coming in HOT behind him. They both went behind some large cactus and I couldnt see the connect but I heard the tell tale sound of a cottontail getting grabbed and when I got there I see Luscian in one side of the cactus and the cottontail coming out the other side. Surly Luscian had a great grip as I reached in to help and get them both out of the Cholla Cactus. Trade off to the front leg while I went and cleaned the rabbit. The walk to the truck was a long one today but we got there happy and ready to kick back and rest for the both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment